Ever wonder what it takes to own your own business, be your own boss and write your own paycheck? Entrepreneurship helps students examine their readiness and passion for such an undertaking. Students will learn what entrepreneurship is all about, develop a business idea, conduct a feasibility analysis, identify their primary customer, learn about financing a business and write a business plan. They will also learn about how to manage their business, including the hiring process, operations, inventory controls and production management. The final step will be developing their strategic plan for the future to help bring their entrepreneurial dreams to reality.
|Course Title (District):||Entrepreneurship|
|Course Title (NCES SCED) :||Entrepreneurship|
|Course Provider :||Whitehall District Schools|
|Content Provided By :||Michigan Virtual|
|Online Instructor Provided By :||Whitehall District Schools|
|Standards Addressed :||CCSS, NBEA|
|Ailgnment Document :||http://media.mivu.org/mivhs/alignchart/other/Entrepreneurship.pdf|
|Academic Terms :||Accelerated, Semester, Trimester|
|NCES SCED Code :||
How To Enroll:
|Enrollment Website :||https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSesq-7lqJjVBrRuwflE8db22egnhPXuu9DZ_wNmhplsVoor5A/viewform|
|Email :||[email protected]|
|Phone :||(888) 889-2840|
Students and Parents: It is important to work closely with your local school counselor or registrar to follow the school's enrollment procedures. By clicking the "Start Registration Request" button below, you will be able to notify the school of your interest in registering for the online course. However, it is the responsibility of the district or school to review the registration request and approve or deny the request. Please make a note to follow up with your school after submitting a registration request.
Additional Course Information:
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (888) 889-2840
- Recognize that entrepreneurs possess unique characteristics and evaluate the degree to which one possesses those characteristics.
- Analyze customer groups and develop a plan to identify, reach, and keep customers in a specific target market.
- Apply economic concepts when making decisions for an entrepreneurial venture.Use the financial concepts and tools needed by the entrepreneur in making business decisions.
- Recognize that entrepreneurs must establish, maintain, and analyze appropriate records to make business decisions.
- Develop a management plan for an entrepreneurial venture.
- Analyze the effect of cultural differences, export/import opportunities, and trends on an entrepreneurial venture in the global marketplace.
- Develop a business plan.
- Unit 1 What is My Potential as an Entrepreneur
- Unit 2: Deciding on a Business
- Unit 3: Getting Started with Your Business
- Unit 4: Choosing a Business Location and Layout
- Unit 5: Marketing Your Business
- Unit 6: Financial Feasibility
- Unit 7: Organization and Management
- Unit 8: Running Your Business
INACOL Online Course Quality Standards
Notice: Undefined variable: reviewGroupedArray in /nas/content/live/micourses/wp-content/plugins/micourses-search/micourses-search.php on line 895
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /nas/content/live/micourses/wp-content/plugins/micourses-search/micourses-search.php on line 895
Review Conducted By : Quality Matters
Date of Review : 06/14/2016
|Term Type||Enrollment Opens||Enrollment Ends||Random Draw Date||Enrollment Drop Date||Course Starts||Course Ends||# of Seats||Course Fee||Potential Additional Costs|
|Drop Policy||Completion Policy||Term Type||Enrollment Opens||Enrollment Ends|
|Consult counselor||Consult counselor||Semester||08/01/2020||10/15/2020|
Students can use chat, email or private message system within the course to access highly qualified teachers when they need instructor assistance.
Please review the MVS Technology Requirements: https://michiganvirtual.org/about/support/knowledge-base/technical-requirements/
Course requires access to YouTube and Java.