This is a one-semester course designed to teach students how they can make a difference in the workplace based on their behavior. In addition, students will learn how to effectively address problems that might arise in the workplace.
Central to any employee’s growth is the understanding that he or she is part of a working community that includes employers, employees, and customers or clients. Special responsibilities and commitments come with being employed. Each employee must learn to embrace these responsibilities if he or she is to succeed at work.
On the practical level, employees need to know how to do well on the job and how to keep the job. Early training in building conscientious work habits will stand employees in good stead for the rest of their working lives. It also forges links between their willingness to accept responsibility for their actions and the rewards they get for developing a sense of responsibility.
|Course Title (District):||Employability Skills|
|Course Title (NCES SCED) :||Employability Skills|
|Course Provider :||Whitehall District Schools|
|Content Provided By :||Michigan Virtual|
|Online Instructor Provided By :||Whitehall District Schools|
|Standards Addressed :||None|
|Ailgnment Document :||http://media.mivu.org/mivhs/alignchart/other/EmpSkills.pdf|
|Academic Terms :||Accelerated, Semester, Trimester|
|NCES SCED Code :||
How To Enroll:
|Enrollment Website :||https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSesq-7lqJjVBrRuwflE8db22egnhPXuu9DZ_wNmhplsVoor5A/viewform|
|Email :||[email protected]|
|Phone :||(888) 889-2840|
Students and Parents: It is important to work closely with your local school counselor or registrar to follow the school's enrollment procedures. By clicking the "Start Registration Request" button below, you will be able to notify the school of your interest in registering for the online course. However, it is the responsibility of the district or school to review the registration request and approve or deny the request. Please make a note to follow up with your school after submitting a registration request.
Additional Course Information:
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (888) 889-2840
- Identify the skills and behavior necessary to fulfill the job expectations of an employer and describe exemplar job expectation skills that you will use in current or future employment.
- Identify the characteristics of proper workforce attitudes and demonstrate an ability to promote proper workplace attitudes.
- Identify values and benefits of being a reliable and respectful team member in a work environment and demonstrate an ability to promote positive co-worker relations.
- Analyze the importance of first impressions and relationships on customer relations and demonstrate an ability to promote positive customer relations.
- Identify workplace issues and demonstrate the ability to avoid or solve them.
- Unit 1: Exploring Job Expectations
- Unit 2 : Exploring Workforce Attitudes
- Unit 3 : Exploring Coworker Relations
- Unit 4: Exploring Customer Relations
- Unit 5: Exploring Workplace Issues
INACOL Online Course Quality Standards
Notice: Undefined variable: reviewGroupedArray in /nas/content/live/micourses/wp-content/plugins/micourses-search/micourses-search.php on line 895
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /nas/content/live/micourses/wp-content/plugins/micourses-search/micourses-search.php on line 895
Review Conducted By : Quality Matters
Date of Review : 09/18/2016
|Term Type||Enrollment Opens||Enrollment Ends||Random Draw Date||Enrollment Drop Date||Course Starts||Course Ends||# of Seats||Course Fee||Potential Additional Costs|
|Drop Policy||Completion Policy||Term Type||Enrollment Opens||Enrollment Ends|
|Consult counselor||Consult counselor||Semester||08/01/2020||10/15/2020|
Students can use chat, email or private message system within the course to access highly qualified teachers when they need instructor assistance.
Student access to YouTube is required for this course.